Friday, August 23, 2013

[MC-AllEthnic-Recipes] Pineapple Habanero Salsa With SE Asian Flavors

 

@@@@@
Pineapple Habanero Salsa With SE Asian Flavors

1 can (8.25 oz) crushed pineapple, well drained
1 habanero pepper, seeded and minced (1 TBSP)
1/4 C diced red onion
2 spring onions, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
Small handful of cilantro leaves, about 1/3 C not tightly packed
1 TBSP fish sauce
2 tsp lime juice

This is my own recipe. I'm growing habaneros this year, and it occurred to
me that the flavors of Vietnamese nuoc cham would marry well with pineapple,
so this is what I came up with. It's good on fish, and I'd bet good on pork
or chicken as well. We used it as a condiment on Ham & Cheese puff pastry
appetizers yesterday, and it was a hit!
I used my food processor to make this, but I cut up my ingredients quite
small before adding so as to get the texture I wanted; all ingredients were
measured after cutting, FYI.
A note on the heat level: peppers can vary widely in level of heat, even
those from the same plant. I personally am of the "if you ain't sweatin',
you ain't eatin'" school of thought, but my husband doesn't like anywhere
near the level of heat I do, and he said this wasn't too strong for him.

Directions
Drain the pineapple and add it to the processor bowl.
Prep the rest of the veg, add to the processor and process until very
smooth.
Let stand for an hour before using to allow the flavors to marry.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment